Kompozer is a free download
Kompozer can be used with and without templates and can be used to work with CSS (Cascading Style Sheets) Templates and style sheets are discussed in our Web Master Basics Course. Single pages and full static websites can be designed using Kompozer, however one of the biggest uses we have for it is to create pages on our local machine to test it out, then use the page in a Word Press or Joomla based platform. It is just easier to do all the tweaking and testing before going live with a page.
- Kompozer installed on your PC or MAC computer
- A Basic understanding of you to use a word processor
- An understanding of the type of page you are planning to design
- Download and install the appropriate Kompozer version for your computer
- Get familiar with the tool bars
- Download or create a template for your Design
- Write the content for the page(s)
- Upload to your server
To learn more about Kompozer visit Kompozer Features.
A very good and simple to use PDF is available from the University of Delaware